We're looking for a smart, self-directed person who can sit in on important client meetings, own follow-up deliverables and aid in defining/improving workflows within client organizations.
A Bit About The Job
- This is a 3 month full time contract position anticipated to run from Nov 1, 2020 to Feb 1, 2021.
- There is a possibility of this role becoming a full time, permanent position.
- We're very flexible on timezones and work schedules; our team is spread across 6 time zones and aim to overlap our availability by at least 4 hours each day.
- We would prefer that you are US-based and a fluent English speaker.
A Bit About Us
- Lat Long is a digital product development team for clients exploring new frontiers. Our team is partially remote with an office in Brooklyn, NY and a partner development team in Buenos Aires.
- Our core focus is building products for people doing exciting things — typically delivering technical solutions and going beyond to help create the business behind the product.
- Our team has tackled some exciting projects in the past couple of years:
- Our site and recent projects can be found here: https://latlo.ng
What will you be doing day to day?
- Support our senior team on client projects by owning various deliverables. Those might include:
- Documentation about how a feature works with screenshots and GIFs
- Writing summary meeting notes with clearly defined next steps
- Training clients on how to use a tool or feature
- Researching tools to solve a problem, testing them out and making recommendations
- Creating flowcharts or documentation to describe a particular client or user workflow
- Drafting project status updates based on information relayed by other members of the team
- With direction from the senior team, you will be tasked with researching how a client performs certain tasks. This includes learning the client business inside and out and being able to describe in detail each job function, team member and the input/output of each step in a process.
- Assist with creating Gantt charts, spreadsheets or other deliverables as part of forecasting and updating project budgets, timelines and scope.
- Turning loose ideas and suggestions from our team into details, actionable plans
- Writing in Google Docs, creating Gantt charts, building spreadsheets in Google Sheets, communicating with the team in Slack
- Help with internal projects that touch on our own workflows, marketing efforts and sales pitches
- Assemble Keynote presentations with guidance from the team on content
- Respond to client requests for support, updates or enhancements
- Logging tickets for the development team with concise, thorough explanations of requested features or discovered bugs
- Occasionally participating in technical meetings with development team to discuss client goals or feedback
- Writing actionable user stories or use cases that can be understood by a client and useful to a developer. Specifically, you'll be spending a lot of time writing BDD statements and thinking about how we can be better using BDD in our process.
The ideal person will:
- Have strong technology, analytical and communication skills. This means:
- You have strong writing acumen - you don't need to be Hemingway but you can write client-facing documents that are concise and useful.
- You're able to speak with confidence in meetings with clients whose job functions will range from the C-suite executives to assembly line shift workers.
- You're in tune with technology trends and can discuss web development technologies at a mid-to-high level. You don't need to be a developer with advanced technical literacy, but you should know the meaning of terms like: cacheing, CMS, React, build process, Git, server
- You can approach a problem and find your way through or around it with minimal guidance. If need you ask for help, you're coming to the conversation with insight into what hasn't worked and a hypothesis for how to remove roadblocks.
- Have a strong capacity for self-directed learning of new concepts, tools and skills
- Can take direction but are not dependent upon it
- Are attentive and thorough with the ability to think analytically about structures then creatively design systems and workflows
- Have some professional work experience; ideally 1-3 years in a digital services agency or equivalent role. Strong candidates may substitute this professional experience with applicable intern, student leadership or part-time work experience.
- Have some level of higher education; field of study doesn't matter and if you have a compelling background, exact level of education is flexible.
- Be comfortable working independently with a remote team. You'll be expected to share rolling updates about your progress toward goals and attend periodic video chats about project status.
- Have an adventurous spirit with an interest in travel, adventure, exploration or science. We look for partners that explore the real world with a keen interest for discovery and growth.
- Some skills that are not required but would be considered a great added value to our team:
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills are a major bonus
- Familiarity with WordPress and the new Gutenberg editor. You don't need to be an advanced user but WordPress is central to much of our work and familiarity will be useful.
- Any technical backgrounds with exposure to web development technologies and any level of coding experience
- Experience in EdTech, educational research or student-focused product development
- Some experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) processes
- Spanish fluency
Be sure to include some form of a cover letter. It doesn't need to be anything formal, but should provide a quick intro to you and indicate that you have an understanding of what our team does and what this position entails.
Apply on our our careers portal at https://lat-long.breezy.hr
Please submit all applications via that site, direct emails will not be considered.